At its meeting on 19 November the 9Telecom Board of Directors appointed Alberto de Petris as Chairman and CEO of the company. After graduating in engineering, Mr de Petris spent more than 30 years working at the Telecom Italia Group, and for the last three years contributed to the success of Infostrada.
9Telecom, a Telecom Italia Group company and the number three telecommunications carrier in France, has grown into a global operator since its foundation in November 1998. 9Telecom has its own national network and a presence in the residential and business markets, offering voice, data and Internet services that set it apart from its competitors on the French market. Leveraging its prices, which are among the most competitive available, and a vast range of advanced services, the carrier currently has approximately 1.3 million customers. 9Telecom turnover to the end of October 2001 amounted to 144.2 million euros, compared to 68.74 million euros over the same period last year, an increase of 109%.
In order to cater to the needs of the telecommunications market, Alberto de Petris has restructured 9Telecom into six major units to leverage improved skills organization:
- Sales and Customer Care
- Technical Management
- Administration and Finance
- Communication and Corporate Image
Three new managers have been appointed:
- Philippe Lemonnier, Head of Administration and Finance
- Thierry Billion, Head of Human Resources (a role he previously filled for the Rhodia Group).
- Pascale Giet, Head of Communication and Corporate Image. Prior to this, Ms Giet was Head of Advertising at Cegetel and Head of Communication at e-TF1.
With its new structure, 9Telecom is optimally poised to play its part in the increasingly competitive telecommunications industry.