Milan, 22 January 2007 - Telecom Italia announces that the Group today approved its new organizational structure.
To the Chairman Guido Rossi report the Group Functions of:
- Public Affairs headed by Franco Rosario Brescia - who maintains his role as Assistant to the Chairman - with Roberto Perrella as co-director with responsibility for the definition and representation of the Group's position to institutions and international, national and local entities;
- General Counsel & Corporate and Legal Affairs, headed by Francesco Chiappetta, with responsibility to ensure - at the Group Level - the direct oversight of the company's obligations, with particular reference to relations with shareholders, Shareholder Meetings, Board Meetings, relations with Regulatory Authorities of the financial market, acquisitions, disposals and other extraordinary financial operations, as well as guaranteeing the total coordination of national and international legal matters.
To the Executive Deputy Chairman, Carlo Buora, report:
- the Chief Executive Officer of Telecom Italia, Riccardo Ruggiero;
- the Media Business Unit, headed by Enrico Parazzini;
- the Olivetti Business Unit headed by Giovanni Ferrario;
as well as the Group Functions of
- Finance, Administration and Control, headed by Enrico Parazzini, with responsibility to ensure - at the Group level - oversight of financial, administrative and economic-managerial processes, as well as total governance of the Group's IT; this also includes the IT Governance function headed by Marco Forneris;
- Human Resources, Organization and Security, headed by Gustavo Bracco, with responsibility to ensure - at the Group level - oversight of processes relative to the management and development of human resources, industrial relations and organizational development, as well as guaranteeing the security and tutelage of human/material/immaterial resources and Group infrastructures;
- Domestic Legal Affairs and Judicial Authority Services, headed by Aldo Cappuccio, with the responsibility to ensure the legal tutelage of the Group at the national level, as well as activities dedicated to Judicial Authorities for telecommunications on the fixed-line and mobile networks and for Internet services;
- International Legal Affairs, headed by Nicola Verdicchio, with responsibility to ensure the legal tutelage of the Group at the international level;
- Purchasing, headed by Germanio Spreafico, with responsibility to ensure - at the Group level - oversight of acquisitions and supply processes, as well as property and facility services;
- Strategy, headed by Filippo Bettini, with responsibility to ensure the strategic planning of the Group for business development, including the production of specific economic and sector analyses; the Economic Studies function, headed by Andrea Gavosto is included in Strategy;
- External Relations, headed by Antonio Concina, with responsibility to ensure - at the Group level - institutional and product/service communication to the media and opinion makers, institutional and product/services advertising campaigns, sponsorships, as well as defining the Group's positioning and monitoring its image; in the function operate - in the role of co-directors - respectively Massimiliano Paolucci for Communication and Andrea Imperiali for the Advertising, Image and Brand Enrichment areas;
- International Affairs, headed by Giampaolo Zambeletti, with responsibility to assist the Group's senior management in the definition of guidelines for foreign holdings and supporting their operational management, taking care of relationships with the relative strategic partners, guaranteeing operational coordination of development initiatives for plans at the international level, as well as ensuring the management of operations of acquisition and disposals by the Group.
- Investor Relations, headed by Valeria Leone with responsibility to ensure for the Group the relations with national and international financial community.
To the Executive Deputy Chairman also report Telecom Italia Audit and Compliance Services, headed by Armando Focaroli, which entails responsibility for Auditing headed by Federico Maurizio D'Andrea, beginning from 1 February 2007.
The Assistant of the Executive Deputy Chairman is Fausto Federici.
The Heads of the single structures/activities of the Business Unit Media and Olivetti, as well as the ones of the other Companies of the Group,will report to the Group Functions.
The following offices report to the CEO of Telecom Italia Riccardo Ruggiero:
Domestic Fixed Services, headed by Massimo Castelli, with the responsibility to ensure the development and the management - at a national level- of activities relating to fixed line telephony for consumer and business customers;
Domestic Mobile Services, headed by Luca Luciani, with the responsibility to ensure the development and management - at a national level - of activities relating to mobile telephony for consumer and business customers;
Top Clients & ICT Services, headed by Mauro Nanni, with the responsibility to guarantee the development and management of activities relating to fixed and mobile telephony and relating ICT services for Top clients;
Technology, headed by Stefano Pileri, with the responsibility to ensure the Group’s technological innovation, as well as the development and running of the fixed and mobile telecommunications networks, information systems and infrastructure;
and the company TIM Brasil, headed by Mario Cesar Araujo, with the responsibility to ensure the development and management of the mobile business in Brazil;
as well as:
Quality & Field Services Management, headed by Ottorino Passariello, with the responsibility to guarantee the overseeing of delivery and technical assistance processes to the customer, as well as monitor customer satisfaction and the co-ordination of improvement plans relating to quality of service;
National Wholesale Services, headed by Alessandro Talotta, with the responsibility to ensure the management of national licensee operators;
International Wholesale and Broadband Services, headed by Stefano Mazzitelli, with the responsibility to ensure the development of the Group’s international wholesale business, as well as the co-ordination of broadband activities abroad.
The following areas also report to the CEO of Telecom Italia Riccardo Ruggiero:
Business Development, headed by Giuseppe Zaza, with the responsibility to guarantee the cross integration of business development plans;
Regulatory Affairs, headed by Sergio Giovanni Fogli with Gilberto Nava as co-Director, with the responsibility to ensure the overseeing of national and international regulation issues.
The following areas report to the CEO of Telecom Italia Riccardo Ruggiero:
Planning & Control, headed by Riccardo Taranto, of Finance, Administration and Control;
Human Resources, headed by Giorgio Rossi, of Human Resources, Organization and Security;
Legal, headed by Guglielmo Bove, of Domestic Legal Affairs.