TIM is pursuing its path defined by the sustainability plan and is the leading Telco worldwide in the raking of companies that stand out for their inclusion policies and promoting diversity. This positioning has been certified by the Refinitiv Diversity and Inclusion Index, which transparently and objectively measures the performances of over 12,000 companies.
TIM, eleventh in the world, and its subsidiary TIM Brasil, tenth, are respectively the first Italian and the first South American company.
This is an important result for TIM as it rewards the company's commitment and represents a further incentive to continue its Diversity & Inclusion programme launched in 2009 and pursued over the years with commitment, people's participation and support from management. This path still involves many more challenges and opportunities to be seized and interpreted, aware that inclusion is not just an ethical value but also a formidable performance driver for the company, closely linked to people’s engagement and satisfaction.
The analysis conducted by Refinitiv, a company of the London Stock Exchange Group and one of the primary suppliers worldwide of financial research and data, uses public data – financial statements, financial reports, press releases, websites – based on 24 parameters relating to four main categories: diversity, inclusion, people development and dispute management.
Why TIM ranks first in Diversity & Inclusion
- Culture of inclusion promoted internally with a structured editorial and training plan and externally with a variety of initiatives, among which ‘4 Weeks 4 Inclusion’ - the marathon in which TIM involved over 200 companies in four weeks of intercompany events - stands out.
- Progetto Donna (Woman Project), which aims to overcome the gender gap by working on cultural aspects such as the reduction of gender bias, the promotion of shared family and parenting roles, the empowerment of women to facilitate the development of their careers, management objectives on reducing the pay gap and the presence of women in the BoDs of Group companies.
- Longevity Program, to overcome age-related stereotypes by promoting intergenerational dialogue and the full development of all generations, from “Z” to the most senior.
- Disability Management which provides policies and tools, designed and identified by people with disabilities themselves for their full integration.
- LGBT+ Management focused on the inclusion of LGBT+ people in teams and the organisation, with an expanded vision of the family.
Rome, 3 October 2022