In the context of public sector services and businesses, in accordance with the Italian Digital Agenda (ADI) and European Directives, in 2019 TIM consolidated and streamlined its Smart Services offer (security, energy efficiency, environmental and digital services in urban areas, analytics to support sustainable choices from the point of view of local and central government) with the aim of promoting the Smart City model to improve the quality of life through the development of innovative digital services that move municipalities to a Smart Community model (as indicated by the Digital Agenda), to enable new forms of collaboration between citizens, businesses and public administrators.
SMART LIGHTING/SMART PARKING
Integrated management of the local infrastructural networks and construction of the Smart City environments.
Revenues: over 100 K euros
- planning of electricity consumption and maintenance. Energy saving is estimated within a range between 15% (light produced by high-efficiency lamps, e.g. LEDs) and over 30% in the case of light produced by old style lamps (e.g. sodium vapor or incandescence). Added to these values is the option of varying lighting by switching on and/or reducing the intensity of individual lamp posts;
- smart sensor-based parking spaces to optimize the distribution of parking spaces in the local area.
TIM FLEET TRACKING AND TIM YOUR WAY
Location and fleet management combined with vehicle telemetry identification and detection systems.
Revenues: 5,800 K euros.
- planning of services and routes;
- reduction of pollutant emissions;
- driver identification solutions, telemetry control;
- solutions for the transport of materials and goods at controlled temperature;
- driver and vehicle safety services.
TIM ENERGREEN AND SMART BUILDING
Remote management of energy consumption, implemented on TIM assets and services, for the purpose of saving energy.
Revenues: 1,552 K euros.
- on-site energy audit: on-site analysis for energy efficiency;
- Metering & Reporting;
- Efficiency strategy (advanced reporting and Energy Management consulting services);
- Energy Cost Management Services;
- Special Project: ad hoc efficiency improvement work.
TIM WASTE MANAGEMENT
Management of environmental services and waste delivered for collection by road or door-to-door.
Revenues: 270 K euros
- management and control of the means of collection;
- automatic recording of the collections using bag reading tags and mechanical bin pick-up by the vehicle;
- service certification report;
- service planning by defining collection routes and managing the areas concerned
TIM CITY FORECAST
Statistical data to help local authorities to monitor the number of people present in the area, their social and demographic characteristics and movements over time, to optimize the services offered to citizens and enhance the area. The service is based on advanced TIM mobile network data processing in full respect of privacy.
Revenues: 326 K euros contracted in 2019.
TIM City Forecast allows in particular to:
- quantitatively assess public mobility patterns continuously and reliably;
- evaluate the vehicular flow of a city or area for planning the vehicular traffic patterns;
- understand the characteristics of tourist flows to optimize and monitor the development of the tourist and cultural offer over time;
- know in near real-time the density of the areas in question;
TIM WATCH OVER AND OTHER VIDEO SERVICES
Software application designed for the management of video surveillance systems in public areas, indoor and outdoor. It allows you to monitor the area in terms of security and prevention.
The images are also securely stored in the TIM cloud and made available for possible checks by law enforcement agencies.
Video surveillance revenue: 280 K euros.
- customization of the areas to be monitored;
- sending event alarms;
- integrating existing IP cameras, safeguarding investments already made.
Integrated digital management of teaching and school administration. The offer can be configured according to the requirements (by order and degree) of the different schools and includes a range of integrated modular services with assisted and integrated management.
- enabling infrastructure (fixed internet, Wi-Fi & security connectivity);
- digital teaching services (teaching platform, application integrated with school e-book stores, with which schools can organize activities, training courses, and individual and collaborative study);
- catalogue of turnkey products and services (creation and/or expansion of relationships, MDM, high definition monitors, furnishings, accessories and much more).