On Friday, November 7, 2008, a conference call took place to review the Telecom Italia Group's financial results for the first nine months of 2008, approved by the Board of Directors.
First nine months of 2008:
- Revenues: 22,399 million euro, down 2.6% compared with the first nine months of 2007; organic variation down 3.0%
- Ebitda: 8,622 million euro, down 9.1% compared with the first nine months of 2007; organic variation down 6.0%
- Organic ebitda margin equal to 39.9% (39.4% in the final accounts for the first half of 2008)
- Net financial debt as at September 30, 2008 amounted to 35,770 million euro (35,701 million euro at y/e 2007); compared with June 30, 2008 (37,172 million euro) net financial debt was down 1,402 million euro, following positive operational performance and the sale of the Liberty Surf Group (757 million euro)
- Net income for the first nine months of 2008 equal to 1,770 million euro.