The Board adopts the merger of IT Telecom SpA and Epiclink SpA into Telecom Italia SpA
At today’s Telecom Italia Board of Directors meeting, chaired by Marco Tronchetti Provera, the Board passed a resolution on the merger of IT Telecom SpA and Epiclink SpA into Telecom Italia SpA, following the resolution taken on September 9. Today’s resolution marks the next stage in restructuring the Group’s Information Technology operations.
It is expected that the two companies (whose Boards also passed merger resolutions today) will be merged into Telecom Italia by the end of the year. As both of these companies are wholly-owned Telecom Italia subsidiaries, the merger will not generate any capital increase for the company.
The Board of Directors adopted the following 2005 company events calendar:
- February 14 - Board Meeting to examine the preliminary 2004 full-year results
- March 16 - Board Meeting to examine the draft full-year 2004 operating accounts and consolidated financial statements
- April 22 - 26 (first and second call) - Shareholders’ Meeting to adopt the full-year 2004 accounts
- May 9 - Board Meeting to examine the Annual Report 2004 (pursuant to US law) and the first-quarter 2005 report
- July 26 - Board Meeting to examine preliminary first-half 2005 data
- September 8 - Board Meeting to examine the first-half 2005 report
- November 8 - Board Meeting to examine the third-quarter 2005 report
Any alterations to this timetable shall be announced in good time.
Telecom Italia intends to make use of the dispensation from publishing a report on the fourth quarter of 2004 and the second quarter of 2005, and instead publish the draft annual company and Group accounts for 2004 within 90 days of the end of the financial year, and the 2005 first-half report within 75 days after the end of the first half of the year.
Dividends for the 2004 financial year shall be paid out in May 2005.
Milan, October 11, 2004