2008 Financial Statements Approved
Stefano Cao Nominated Board Member
New Statutory Board of Auditors Elected
Authorization to Issue Convertible Shares and Bonds Renewed
The Telecom Italia Shareholders' Meeting was held today in ordinary and extraordinary session, chaired by Gabriele Galateri di Genola.
In ordinary session, the Shareholders’ Meeting:
- approved Telecom Italia S.p.A.’s Financial Statements for the 2008 financial year, and resolved to distribute a 5 euro cent dividend for each ordinary share and a 6.1 euro cent dividend for each savings share. The dividend will be paid out from April 23, 2009, and go ex-coupon on April 20, 2009;
- appointed Stefano Cao as Board member, already co-opted by the Board meeting of 27 February 2009, substituting Gianni Mion;
- nominated the new Statutory Board of Auditors, which will remain in tenure for three years, until the financial statements have been approved at 31 December 2011, and has decided upon the remuneration for Board members.
On the basis of the list presented respectively by Telco, Findim Group and a series of management savings companies, the following Statutory Auditors have been nominated:
Ferdinando Superti Furga
Ugo Rock (alternate auditor)
Vittorio Mariani (alternate auditor)
Management Savings Company List:
Enrico Maria Bignami (that the Shareholders’ Meeting has also nominated Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors)
Maurizio Lauri (alternate auditor)
Findim Group List:
Silvano Corbella (alternate auditor)
CVs/Résumés for these new Statutory Auditors are available for consultation on the company website.
The extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting amended art.5 of the Articles of Association, granting for five years authorization for the Board of Directors to:
- increase share capital up to a maximum nominal amount of 880 million euros through the issue of ordinary shares to be offered as options to those eligible or, with regard to a portion of these shares, to be offered to employees working for the company or for its subsidiaries, excluding the rights pursuant to the joint provisions of article 2441, final sub-section, of the Italian civil code, and article 134, second sub-section of Legislative Decree 58/1998;
- issue bonds convertible into ordinary shares to be offered as an option to those eligible, up to an aggregate nominal total of 1 billion euros.