We pursue technological innovation to increase the value offered to our customers.
As at December 31, 2022, our portfolio contains approximately 2,800 patents. Throughout the year, we deployed our innovation efforts through a multitude of instruments:
- more than 20 projects managed by our four TIM Innovation Labs focused on the evolution of the 5G standard, Open Ran, Edge Cloud, Quantum Technologies and Optical Technologies;
- research contracts with 5 Italian universities,(University of Turin, Polytechnic University of Turin, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pisa, State University of Milan, University of Catania);
- 30 PhD scholarships ﬁnanced at several universities scattered throughout the country;
- 16 European research projects (Horizon 2020, Horizon Future, DEP-Digital European Platform, CEF-Connected European Facilities programs);
- 3 innovation challenges to scout innovative solutions in cloud and artificial intelligence, smart tourism and the smart city;
- 30 memberships of major national technical standardization bodies and associations and international, both in the field of TLC and in sectors converging with ICT, including the automotive industry and Industry 4.0;
With TIM Ventures, we made direct and indirect investments for 11.3 million in startups and SMEs.