The Strategies and Sustainability Committee whose members are all Board Directors, has the following responsibilities:
- assure support on matters of strategic importance;
- at the request of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer, and in coordination with the prerogatives of their respective offices and powers, carry out preliminary assessments on the strategic choices of the Group;
- provide opinions and formulate recommendations on strategic plan proposals to bring to the Board of Directors;
- monitors the consistency of Telecom Italia’s objectives and management with environmental, social and governance.
The Committee has as Chairman Salvatore Rossi.
The Control and Risk Committee, whose members are all Board Directors, has the following responsibilities:
- monitors observance of the Company's corporate governance rules, the evolution of rules and best practice in the field of controls, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility, also with a view to proposing updates to the internal practices and rules of the Company and the Group;
- prepares the financial and non-financial communication for the period, in view of its examination by the Board of Directors;
- performs other duties assigned to it by the Board of Directors.
The Committee has as Chairman, Paola Giannotti de Ponti from among its independent members, to who coordinates the work of the Committee and speak on its behalf to the Board of Directors and its Chairman.
The Sustainability Steering Committee has a responsibility to guide the Group's sustainability strategies, setting its objectives and monitoring the achievement of its targets. It is chaired by the CEO and is coordinated by the Chief Financial Office and Institutional Communications, Sustainability Projects & Sponsorship, each for the areas of expertise.
The Committee consists of the Group's Functions/Companies Managers:
- Chief Strategy, Development & Transformation Office;
- Human Resources, Organization & Real Estate;
- Brand Strategy, Media & Multimedia Entertainment;
- Chief Technology & Information Office;
- Chief Revenue Office;
- Chief Operations Office;
- A.D. TIM Brasil;
as well as the other Group Functions and Companies Managers in relation to the issues covered.
The Steering Committee meets quarterly on the basis of specific needs and the Head of Sustainability Metrics & Performance Index Analysis ensures the necessary organizational support to the Committee.