The Group employs a variety of instruments to finance its operations and raise liquidity. The main instruments used are bond issues, alongside committed and uncommitted bank lines.
Telecom Italia has a centralized treasury which operates in the interests of the entire Group:
- allocating liquidity where necessary
- mobilizing excess liquidity of the Group companies
- guaranteeing an adequate level of liquidity compatible with individual needs
- acting on behalf of its subsidiaries to negotiate bank lines
- providing financial consulting services to its subsidiaries
These activities reduce the Group companies’ need to seek bank lines and enable those companies to obtain better conditions from the banking system keeping a constant watch over cash flows and ensuring a more efficient use of liquidity in excess of requirements.